PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill this week:
- Peekskill Police accused two Peekskill residents, Jennifer Muniz, 28, and Malaka Garrett, 49, of selling heroin and charged them with three counts of criminal sale of a controlled substance in the third degree, a Class B felony and three counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree, a Class B felony.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- The City of Peekskill is mourning 48-year-old firefighter Kevin Bristol, who died on Monday after suffering a heart attack.
- A man reportedly bit off another man's nose during a fight in Peekskill on Sunday, according to LoHud.
- A 23-year-old Peekskill man was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a weapon and unlawful possession of marijuana, according to state police.
- 1 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill
- 2 Peekskill Named One Of State's 10 Most Fiscally Stressed School Districts
- 3 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 4 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Peekskill; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 5 100-Year-Old Peekskill Resident Attends Hudson Valley Chamber Gala