PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill this week:
- Peekskill Police accused two Peekskill residents, Jennifer Muniz, 28, and Malaka Garrett, 49, of selling heroin and charged them with three counts of criminal sale of a controlled substance in the third degree, a Class B felony and three counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree, a Class B felony.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- The City of Peekskill is mourning 48-year-old firefighter Kevin Bristol, who died on Monday after suffering a heart attack.
- A man reportedly bit off another man's nose during a fight in Peekskill on Sunday, according to LoHud.
- A 23-year-old Peekskill man was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a weapon and unlawful possession of marijuana, according to state police.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Peekskill Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield