PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill this week:
- Peekskill Police accused two Peekskill residents, Jennifer Muniz, 28, and Malaka Garrett, 49, of selling heroin and charged them with three counts of criminal sale of a controlled substance in the third degree, a Class B felony and three counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree, a Class B felony.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- The City of Peekskill is mourning 48-year-old firefighter Kevin Bristol, who died on Monday after suffering a heart attack.
- A man reportedly bit off another man's nose during a fight in Peekskill on Sunday, according to LoHud.
- A 23-year-old Peekskill man was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a weapon and unlawful possession of marijuana, according to state police.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 Croton Police Gathering Evidence In Lacey Carr Death Probe