PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill this week:
- Peekskill Police accused two Peekskill residents, Jennifer Muniz, 28, and Malaka Garrett, 49, of selling heroin and charged them with three counts of criminal sale of a controlled substance in the third degree, a Class B felony and three counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree, a Class B felony.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- The City of Peekskill is mourning 48-year-old firefighter Kevin Bristol, who died on Monday after suffering a heart attack.
- A man reportedly bit off another man's nose during a fight in Peekskill on Sunday, according to LoHud.
- A 23-year-old Peekskill man was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a weapon and unlawful possession of marijuana, according to state police.
- 1 Report: Peekskill HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 2 Verplanck Man, 56, Charged With Identity Theft
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College
- 5 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center