GLENS FALLS, N.Y. -- Jamil Gambari and his Woodlands High School teammates battled for four quarters of a tight game Friday before falling to Olean High School 71-63 in the Class B state semifinals in at Glens Falls Civic Center.
Woolands, the Section 1 and state regional champions, finished the season with a record of 19-6.
Gambari scored 27 points and teammates Ross Joseph and Brandon Johnson has 14 and 11 points respectively, but the Falcons could not catch Olean in the fourth quarter after getting as close as 54-50.
Olean's 6-7 center Sam Ekstrom scored 25 points to lead the winners who advanced to play in Saturday's title game.
Olean led 36-32 at halftime but could not shake the Falcons who closed the gap to four points twice in the fourth quarter.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Peekskill, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Peekskill; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Peekskill Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road