GLENS FALLS, N.Y. -- Jamil Gambari and his Woodlands High School teammates battled for four quarters of a tight game Friday before falling to Olean High School 71-63 in the Class B state semifinals in at Glens Falls Civic Center.
Woolands, the Section 1 and state regional champions, finished the season with a record of 19-6.
Gambari scored 27 points and teammates Ross Joseph and Brandon Johnson has 14 and 11 points respectively, but the Falcons could not catch Olean in the fourth quarter after getting as close as 54-50.
Olean's 6-7 center Sam Ekstrom scored 25 points to lead the winners who advanced to play in Saturday's title game.
Olean led 36-32 at halftime but could not shake the Falcons who closed the gap to four points twice in the fourth quarter.
- 1 Hudson Valley Expo Returns To Peekskill For First Time In 70 Years
- 2 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 5 Peekskill Man Charged With Multiple Traffic Infractions In Yorktown