NEWBURGH, N.Y. -- The Woodlands defense slammed the door on Spackenkill in the fourth quarter Tuesday and the Falcons went on to a 53-46 victory in the boys Class B state regional semifinals at Mount St. Mary College.
Tied at 42-42 after three quarters, the Section 1 champion Falcons from Hartsdale held Spackenkill of Section 9 to just four points in the final quarter while their offense scored 11.
Woodlands will play the Wheatley (Sec 8)/Southampton (Sec 11) winner at 8 p.m. on Friday, March 7 at Beacon High School in the regional final.
Jamil Gambari led Woodlands with 17 points and 18 rebounds and teammate Ross Joseph added 17 points.
The game was tight all the way through with Woodlands leading 31-30 at halftime. Joseph had 14 points at halftime and Gambari scored seven to help keep pace with Spackenkill.
- 1 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College
- 2 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 5 Yorktown Police Charge Peekskill Woman With Driving While Ability Impaired