PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Be First Boxing of Peekskill had its first big win Wednesday night in New York City.
Krashna Gibbs, a 21-year-old Peekskill resident who trains at the gym under coach Marco Serrano, won his first New York Golden Gloves amateur boxing match at the Longwood Police Athletic League in the Bronx.
"He did exceptionally well," said Be First Boxing director Wes Artope. "It was the best fight of the night."
Other Be First fighters will be boxing in the coming weeks. On Friday, Omar Hassan will compete in a Golden Gloves match at the Mendez Boxing Cub in New York City, and Adam Hassan will fight Feb. 15 in Brooklyn.
"We're looking to bring the championship home to Peekskill," Artope said.
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 24 Hospitalized After Chlorine Spill At Peekskill Middle School
- 5 Rye High School Graduate Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say