PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Be First Boxing of Peekskill had its first big win Wednesday night in New York City.
Krashna Gibbs, a 21-year-old Peekskill resident who trains at the gym under coach Marco Serrano, won his first New York Golden Gloves amateur boxing match at the Longwood Police Athletic League in the Bronx.
"He did exceptionally well," said Be First Boxing director Wes Artope. "It was the best fight of the night."
Other Be First fighters will be boxing in the coming weeks. On Friday, Omar Hassan will compete in a Golden Gloves match at the Mendez Boxing Cub in New York City, and Adam Hassan will fight Feb. 15 in Brooklyn.
"We're looking to bring the championship home to Peekskill," Artope said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 Croton Police Gathering Evidence In Lacey Carr Death Probe