NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Trailing from start to finish, the Peekskill girls basketball team could not overcome an early deficit in a 62-47 loss to Maine-Enwell in the Class A state regional final at New Rochelle High School.
The Section 1 champion Red Devils trailed by 13 points at halftime and got as close as 41-32 midway through the third quarter but could not break through Maine-Enwell's tight defense and strong inside offensive game.
Lanay Rodney led Peekskill with 16 points, 10 in the second half.
Maine-Enwell advanced to the New York State Public High Schools Athletic Association championship Final four and will play a semfinal game next Saturday, March 15 at Hudson Valley Community College in upstate Troy.
The Red Devils won their second consecutive Section 1 title last week.
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Letter: Peekskill Must Eliminate Longevity Bonuses
- 4 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home