PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – The Peekskill High School boys basketball team will travel to Yorktown for a league matchup Thursday at 6:15 p.m.
The Red Devils are 13-4 this year and are coming off a 73-57 win against Lakeland on Tuesday. Peekskill recovered nicely after a 102-85 loss to Green Tech Charter in Albany on Saturday.
Peekskill’s run-and-gun offense has led them to great success this season. The play of sixth man Jay Cabell has provided a huge spark for the Red Devils this year. Cabell has hit more than 50 three-pointers this season and poured in five three-pointers in a game twice this year.
Yorktown has not had much team success this season and is coming off a 57-40 loss to Walter Panas. Still, the Huskers had won two of their last three games prior to that thanks in large part to the play of Ricky Corrado, who led Yorktown in scoring in wins against Lakeland and Roosevelt.
Peekskill has plenty of firepower to bring against Yorktown and can earn the win Thursday by overwhelming the Tuskers with speed and an offensive barrage.
Yorktown, on the other hand, must slow the game to its pace. If the Red Devils find success in the fast break, then it could be a long night for the Tuskers.
- 1 Report: Peekskill HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 2 Verplanck Man, 56, Charged With Identity Theft
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College
- 5 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center