NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. — Mayor Michael Bloomberg canceled Sunday's ING New York City Marathon on Friday evening because parts of the city were still suffering from the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, several news outlets reported.
Bloomberg originally said the race would not have diverted resources from storm recovery, but the decision to run the race had drawn considerable criticism. Read the rest of NBC News' story.
- 1 Hudson Valley Expo Returns To Peekskill For First Time In 70 Years
- 2 Peekskill Mayor Seeks Improvements At Train Station, Wants MTA Meeting
- 3 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Peekskill Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night