CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Voters in the Hendrick Hudson school district approved the 2014-15 budget, 616 votes to 224 votes on Tuesday.
The $73.4 million budget increases spending by 1.73 percent with a .03 percent increase in the property tax levy, which is within the state mandated cap.
Cortlandt residents will see a .2 tax increase, while Peekskill residents will see a 2.12 percent tax decrease.
Barbara Pettersen and Charles Thompson ran unopposed for school board.
Voters also approved, 577-239 a proposition to spend $525,000 to purchase school vehicles and equipment,
- 1 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 2 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 Two Peekskill Men Charged After Alleged Gang Assault In Yorktown
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust