CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Voters in the Hendrick Hudson school district approved the 2014-15 budget, 616 votes to 224 votes on Tuesday.
The $73.4 million budget increases spending by 1.73 percent with a .03 percent increase in the property tax levy, which is within the state mandated cap.
Cortlandt residents will see a .2 tax increase, while Peekskill residents will see a 2.12 percent tax decrease.
Barbara Pettersen and Charles Thompson ran unopposed for school board.
Voters also approved, 577-239 a proposition to spend $525,000 to purchase school vehicles and equipment,
- 1 Baltimore Riots Hit Close To Home For Chappaqua Mom Dawn Dankner-Rosen
- 2 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 3 Philipstown Man Stabs Neighbor In Chest After Noise Dispute, Sheriff Says
- 4 Firefighters Battle Large Brush Fire At Croton Point Park
- 5 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner