CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Voters in the Hendrick Hudson school district approved the 2014-15 budget, 616 votes to 224 votes on Tuesday.
The $73.4 million budget increases spending by 1.73 percent with a .03 percent increase in the property tax levy, which is within the state mandated cap.
Cortlandt residents will see a .2 tax increase, while Peekskill residents will see a 2.12 percent tax decrease.
Barbara Pettersen and Charles Thompson ran unopposed for school board.
Voters also approved, 577-239 a proposition to spend $525,000 to purchase school vehicles and equipment,
- 1 Peekskill Mayor Drops Attempt To Oust City Manager
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Peekskill
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester