CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Voters in the Hendrick Hudson school district approved the 2014-15 budget, 616 votes to 224 votes on Tuesday.
The $73.4 million budget increases spending by 1.73 percent with a .03 percent increase in the property tax levy, which is within the state mandated cap.
Cortlandt residents will see a .2 tax increase, while Peekskill residents will see a 2.12 percent tax decrease.
Barbara Pettersen and Charles Thompson ran unopposed for school board.
Voters also approved, 577-239 a proposition to spend $525,000 to purchase school vehicles and equipment,
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Peekskill, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Peekskill; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Peekskill Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 5 Peekskill Man Charged With Felony, Aggravated DWI In Cortlandt