PEEKSKILL, N.Y. ‒ Students and teachers in the Peekskill City School District who have plans for spring recess may regret all of this year's snow days.
With no more snow days left due to Hurricane Sandy and several other storms, the district will be forced to cut into the March 25-29 spring recess if any more days are lost because of snow.
"We try to grab them from the warmest weather possible, because I've seen it snow in April," said Superintendent of Schools James Willis. "The hard part is getting the kids to show up."
Days cut short by two-hour delays or early dismissals count as full school days as along as students get three hours of instruction, Willis added.
The full 2012-13 school calendar is posted on the district's website.
- 1 State Police Warn Peekskill Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison