PEEKSKILL, N.Y. ‒ Students and teachers in the Peekskill City School District who have plans for spring recess may regret all of this year's snow days.
With no more snow days left due to Hurricane Sandy and several other storms, the district will be forced to cut into the March 25-29 spring recess if any more days are lost because of snow.
"We try to grab them from the warmest weather possible, because I've seen it snow in April," said Superintendent of Schools James Willis. "The hard part is getting the kids to show up."
Days cut short by two-hour delays or early dismissals count as full school days as along as students get three hours of instruction, Willis added.
The full 2012-13 school calendar is posted on the district's website.
- 1 Report: Peekskill HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 2 Verplanck Man, 56, Charged With Identity Theft
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College
- 5 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center