PEEKSKILL, N.Y. ‒ Students and teachers in the Peekskill City School District who have plans for spring recess may regret all of this year's snow days.
With no more snow days left due to Hurricane Sandy and several other storms, the district will be forced to cut into the March 25-29 spring recess if any more days are lost because of snow.
"We try to grab them from the warmest weather possible, because I've seen it snow in April," said Superintendent of Schools James Willis. "The hard part is getting the kids to show up."
Days cut short by two-hour delays or early dismissals count as full school days as along as students get three hours of instruction, Willis added.
The full 2012-13 school calendar is posted on the district's website.
- 1 Arrest Of Peekskill Woman On DWI Charges Tops Week's News
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Murder Of Peekskill Cab Driver
- 4 Peekskill Native Pataki Reportedly Considering Presidential Bid In 2016
- 5 Cortlandt Man Charged In Theft From Kohl's, Threat To Staffer