PEEKSKILL, N.Y. –The Peekskill Common Council adopted the city's 2013 budget Thursday night at a special meeting.
The $35 million budget carries a 3.82 percent tax levy increase. There are 18 layoffs in the budget. Eleven employees took early retirement offered by the city, and nine of those retirees won’t be replaced.
Check back for more on this story.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Police Seek Suspect In Robberies In Peekskill, Ossining
- 3 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 4 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Peekskill Hollow Road
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations