PEEKSKILL, N.Y. –The Peekskill Common Council adopted the city's 2013 budget Thursday night at a special meeting.
The $35 million budget carries a 3.82 percent tax levy increase. There are 18 layoffs in the budget. Eleven employees took early retirement offered by the city, and nine of those retirees won’t be replaced.
Check back for more on this story.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Peekskill, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Peekskill; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Peekskill
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road