PEEKSKILL, N.Y. –The Peekskill Common Council adopted the city's 2013 budget Thursday night at a special meeting.
The $35 million budget carries a 3.82 percent tax levy increase. There are 18 layoffs in the budget. Eleven employees took early retirement offered by the city, and nine of those retirees won’t be replaced.
Check back for more on this story.
- 1 Firefighters Battle Large Brush Fire At Croton Point Park
- 2 Philipstown Man Stabs Neighbor In Chest After Noise Dispute, Sheriff Says
- 3 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 4 Baltimore Riots Hit Close To Home For Chappaqua Mom Dawn Dankner-Rosen
- 5 Menacing Charges Top Last Week's News Around Peekskill