WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The New York Observer recently sat down with Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino in advance of his Wednesday announcement that he will be seeking the Republican nomination in the 2014 election against incumbent Democrat Andrew Cuomo.
The story outlines many of the characteristics that allowed him to convincingly retain his seat as county executive in a race against New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson last November.
Astorino, a longtime media man, and lifetime Westchester resident, is able to connect with his constituents, and as one source told the Observer, has the ability to give Cuomo "a headache."
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Peekskill, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Peekskill; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Peekskill Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 5 Peekskill Man Charged With Felony, Aggravated DWI In Cortlandt