CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Three Westchester residents were arrested on felony drug charges this weekend after drug-related activity was observed in the Oregon Corners Road area, according to Westchester County Police.
Antoine Boyd, 22, of Peekskill; Darese Hicks, 19, of White Plains; and Kenya Brown, 19, of Cortlandt Manor, were each charged with third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance, a felony, as well as second-degree criminal use of drug paraphernalia and fourth-degree criminal possession of marijuana, both misdemeanors, police said.
Plainclothes officers from the patrol task force conducted surveillance Saturday night and early Sunday in the Oregon Corners area near the Cortlandt/Putnam Valley border after community complaints about possible drug dealing, police said.
After several hours of surveillance, county police followed a Honda Accord from Oregon Corners and stopped it at Oregon and Aberdeen roads. A black bag was thrown out a passenger side door of the vehicle before it was pulled over, police said.
The bag was recovered and was found to contain 27 grams of crack cocaine and powdered cocaine, 87 grams of marijuana, numerous empty baggies and capsules, and an electronic scale, police said. About $1,140 in cash was also seized, police said.
The suspects were arraigned Monday in Cortlandt Town Court.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Peekskill, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Peekskill
- 3 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Peekskill; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Peekskill Native Allison Pataki Publishes New Book About Habsburg Family