PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A 13-year-old Peekskill Middle School student was arrested on Oct 11 and charged with injuring a police officer in a school fight, according to Peekskill Police.
The male student injured the shoulder of Officer Pam Sgroi, who police said was attempting to stop the male from fighting with another student. The boy pushed Sgroi into a wall and violently struggled with her as she attempted to restrain him, police said.
The unnamed minor was charged with second-degree assault, a class D felony, by Police Officer Andre Wright and is due to appear in Westchester County Family Court to answer the charges, according to police. Sgroi was removed from duty following treatment for her injury at Hudson Valley Hospital Center.
Other arrests made by Peekskill Police in the past week:
- Mauricio Zabala-Cabrera, 30, of Peekskill was arrested on Oct. 9 at 10:35 p.m. and charged with driving while intoxicated on Oakwood Drive by Police Officer Chatoya Woodland, police said. Zabala-Cabrera was stopped after he failed to signal a turn and found to be intoxicated after performing and failing several field sobriety tests, police said. A subsequent test of his breath revealed he had a .17 percent blood alcohol concentration, said police. He was held for arraignment in Peekskill City Court.
- Charles Cabell, 49, of Cortlandt Manor, was arrested on Oct. 10 at 7:35 p.m. and charged with criminal possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor, by Police Officer Matt Basso on Broad Street, according to police. Cabell was stopped after committing a minor traffic infraction and found to be in possession of more than 25 grams of marijuana after the officer smelled a strong odor coming from his vehicle, police said. Cabell was released after posting $250 bail and is due to appear in city court on Oct. 25.
- 1 Peekskill Man, 24, Charged In Stabbing At Putnam Restaurant
- 2 Fiancee Pulled Paddle Away As Hudson River Victim Flailed, Prosecutors Say
- 3 Peekskill Native George Pataki To Enter Presidential Race In New Hampshire
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital