PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A Peekskill man is accused of stealing thousands of dollars from his employer by misusing a company credit card, police said.
Jose Vargas, 56, was arrested at 1:45 p.m. Feb. 12 and charged with third-degree grand larceny, a class D felony. Police Officer Steven Zappolo arrested him on John Walsh Boulevard.
Vargas was issued a company credit card from the unnamed company where he is employed for routine expenses, police said. But he was accused of charging more than $4,000 for personal items, according to police.
The company's review of the credit card use revealed Vargas had been making unauthorized charges for about one year. Vargas was arrested without incident and held for arraignment.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Peekskill Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Peekskill
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Peekskill Tuesday