PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A Peekskill man is accused of stealing thousands of dollars from his employer by misusing a company credit card, police said.
Jose Vargas, 56, was arrested at 1:45 p.m. Feb. 12 and charged with third-degree grand larceny, a class D felony. Police Officer Steven Zappolo arrested him on John Walsh Boulevard.
Vargas was issued a company credit card from the unnamed company where he is employed for routine expenses, police said. But he was accused of charging more than $4,000 for personal items, according to police.
The company's review of the credit card use revealed Vargas had been making unauthorized charges for about one year. Vargas was arrested without incident and held for arraignment.
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 24 Hospitalized After Chlorine Spill At Peekskill Middle School
- 5 Rye High School Graduate Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say