PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A Peekskill man is accused of stealing thousands of dollars from his employer by misusing a company credit card, police said.
Jose Vargas, 56, was arrested at 1:45 p.m. Feb. 12 and charged with third-degree grand larceny, a class D felony. Police Officer Steven Zappolo arrested him on John Walsh Boulevard.
Vargas was issued a company credit card from the unnamed company where he is employed for routine expenses, police said. But he was accused of charging more than $4,000 for personal items, according to police.
The company's review of the credit card use revealed Vargas had been making unauthorized charges for about one year. Vargas was arrested without incident and held for arraignment.
- 1 Peekskill Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 2 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 3 Peekskill Man Charged With Felony, Aggravated DWI In Cortlandt
- 4 Storm System Departs Peekskill, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency