PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A Peekskill man is accused of stealing thousands of dollars from his employer by misusing a company credit card, police said.
Jose Vargas, 56, was arrested at 1:45 p.m. Feb. 12 and charged with third-degree grand larceny, a class D felony. Police Officer Steven Zappolo arrested him on John Walsh Boulevard.
Vargas was issued a company credit card from the unnamed company where he is employed for routine expenses, police said. But he was accused of charging more than $4,000 for personal items, according to police.
The company's review of the credit card use revealed Vargas had been making unauthorized charges for about one year. Vargas was arrested without incident and held for arraignment.
- 1 Peekskill Man, 24, Charged In Stabbing At Putnam Restaurant
- 2 Fiancee Pulled Paddle Away As Hudson River Victim Flailed, Prosecutors Say
- 3 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 4 Peekskill Native George Pataki To Enter Presidential Race In New Hampshire
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says