PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A Peekskill man is accused of stealing thousands of dollars from his employer by misusing a company credit card, police said.
Jose Vargas, 56, was arrested at 1:45 p.m. Feb. 12 and charged with third-degree grand larceny, a class D felony. Police Officer Steven Zappolo arrested him on John Walsh Boulevard.
Vargas was issued a company credit card from the unnamed company where he is employed for routine expenses, police said. But he was accused of charging more than $4,000 for personal items, according to police.
The company's review of the credit card use revealed Vargas had been making unauthorized charges for about one year. Vargas was arrested without incident and held for arraignment.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Peekskill
- 3 The Grinch Makes An Appearance At Decorated Peekskill Home
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Former Peekskill Resident Honored By Bill Belichick Foundation