PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – A man accused of breaking into Peekskill vehicles during last week’s blizzard was found with some quick detective work early Saturday morning, police said.
Rajeam Jackson, 19, was arrested on Feb. 9 at 1:47 a.m. and charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, a class E felony, and petty larceny, a misdemeanor, on the 100 block of Union Avenue, police said.
Residents on Union Avenue and Elm Street reported an unknown man entering their vehicles, police said. Responding officers said they followed the man’s footprints in the fresh snow that led them to the area of the 600 block of Ringgold Street where Jackson was stopped.
Jackson was found to be in possession of a stolen credit card, lotto tickets and watches that did not belong to him, police said. He was held for arraignment.
Other arrests made by Peekskill Police this past week:
- Lius Castro, 46, of Peekskill was arrested on Feb. 10 at 7:56 p.m. and charged with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, on the 100 block of Broad Street. The driver, Castro, was determined to be under the influence of an alcoholic beverage, police said.
- Adan Arpi, 24, of Peekskill was arrested on Feb. 11 at 3:30 a.m. and charged with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, on the 100 block of N. Division Street. An officer was flagged down by a passing vehicle and advised of an accident that just took place, police said. While interviewing Arpi, an officer reported smelling a strong odor of alcohol, according to police. Arpi was arrested without incident.
- Javier Flores, 34, of Garrison was arrested on Feb. 7 at 8:20 p.m. and charged with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, on the 900 block of Pemart Avenue. Officers observed a vehicle running and unoccupied in front of a deli on Highland Avenue. The operator of the vehicle, Flores, entered the vehicle and drove to Pemart Avenue where he was stopped for a traffic violation. A strong odor of alcohol was detected on Flores, police said, and he was subsequently arrested.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College
- 3 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 4 Yorktown Police Charge Peekskill Woman With Driving While Ability Impaired
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts