MONTROSE, N.Y. -- Fire officials have controlled a gas leak that occurred at the Montrose Veterans Affairs Hospital Monday morning.
At 9:06 a.m., the emergency crew at the VA was called to the Montrose Day Care in building 29, according to Jason Tudor, public affairs officer for VA Hudson Valley.
Work was being done on a gas line, which had been shut off. While work was being done, some of the gas escaped, Tudor said. As a precaution, people were evacuated from the building while Con Edison and first responders checked everything out, Tudor said.
At 10:20 a.m, everyone was let back in the building. There were no injuries, Tudor said.
"We are proud of the response of of our professional fire and EMT crew and what they did to make sure everything was safe," Tudor said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.