PEEKSKILL, N.Y. — A Peekskill man was arrested Monday afternoon and charged wth threatening police with a shotgun at his home Sept. 28.
Roy Spangenberger, 57, was arrested at police headquarters by officer Chris Colucci and charged with menacing a police officer, a class D felony, in connection with an incident that occurred at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 28. His release followed a mandatory psychiatric evaluation that was ordered after the Sept. 28 incident.
Officers were sent to Spangenberger’s residence to investigate a noise complaint. After police tried for several minutes to have him answer the door, he did so while armed with a loaded rifle, police said. Officers took cover and ordered him to drop the rifle, which police said he refused to do before retreating into his home.
Spangenberger surrendered after negotiators convinced him to come outside, where he was taken into custody and transported to the Phelps Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation, police said. He was charged after his release from the hospital and has been remanded to the Westchester County Jail without bail.
Other arrests reported by Peekskill Police for the past week:
- Scott Echeverria, 23, of Peekskill, was arrested at 12:55 p.m. Sept. 27 and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class B felony, on Lafayette Place by detective Ralph D’Aliso and officer John Kolesar, according to police. City police were assisting Yorktown Police in investigating a home invasion and had learned a suspect, Echeverria, was at a residence on Lafayette Place. Officers encountered Echeverria at his home and took him into custody. Echeverria was then found to be in possession of 56 bags of heroin and three bags of crack cocaine, police said. He was remanded to the Westchester County Jail without bail.
- Timothy O’Reilly, 31, of Cortlandt Manor, was arrested at 7:45 p.m. on Sept. 29 and charged with driving while intoxicated and aggravated driving while intoxicated, both misdemeanors, on the 100 block of Washington St. Officers were dispatched to the 100 block of Washington Street to investigate a report of a vehicle stopped in traffic with its operator asleep at the wheel. Officer John Marchioni found O’Reilly passed out at the wheel and determined him to be intoxicated. A chemical test determined his blood alcohol concentration to be .24 percent, police said. He was held for arraignment in city court.
- 1 Man, 22, Charged In Tire-Slashing Incidents In Peekskill
- 2 Valentine Grocery In Peekskill Fined For Alcohol Sale To A Minor
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Hudson Valley Gateway Hosts Annual Expo In Peekskill
- 5 Ramp Closure, Heavy Delays On Taconic State Parkway