PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Shirley Ann Tudor, a long time resident of Peekskill, died March 13. She was 78.
Tudor was born in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England, in 1935, to Mary McGreevy and Albert Tudor, she emigrated to the U.S in 1953. She was a graduate of Shrewsbury Technical College and Stonier Graduate School of Banking. She worked in the Banking Industry for decades and most recently retired as manager and vice president of Hudson Valley Bank in Peekskill. She was a member of the Peekskill Rotary Club and the Peekskill Garden Club.
Tudor is survived by her brothers, Derek (Sue) Tudor of Garrison, Brian (Pearl) Tudor of Wales; several nieces and nephews; several great nieces and nephews; and great great nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; brother, Michael Tudor; and sister, Marjorie Travis.
Calling hours are Tuesday, March 18 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Dorsey-Carlone Funeral Home, 1100 Cortlandt St., Peekskill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 19 at Assumption Church, Peekskill, followed by interment at Assumption Cemetery, Cortlandt Manor.
- 1 Arrest Of Peekskill Woman On DWI Charges Tops Week's News
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 4 Brewing Up Fun at Peekskill's Hudson Hop and Harvest
- 5 Peekskill Native Pataki Reportedly Considering Presidential Bid In 2016