PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Lillian F. Ward, a lifelong Peekskill resident, died Jan. 6. She was 82.
Ward was the daughter of John and Lillian (nee Lingner) Ward. Her parents owned and operated the Wards Hosiery store in Peekskill since 1932; and from 1973, she continued the family business until closing in 1993. She was a member of the Trinity Boscobel Methodist Church in Buchanan. She was a member of the Northern Westchester Symphony Orchestra. She also was a member of the Peekskill Senior Citizens.
Ward is survived by her cousins, Lydia Heckler and Barbara Lingner; several other cousins; and many friends.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 8 from 2 to 6 p.m. at the E.O. Curry Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 9 at the Trinity Boscobel United Methodist Church, 275 Church St., Buchanan, followed by interment in Hillside Cemetery, Cortlandt Manor.
Memorial donations may be made to the Trinity Boscobel Methodist Church.
For more information, please visit: http://www.eocurryfuneralhome.com
- 1 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill
- 2 Peekskill Named One Of State's 10 Most Fiscally Stressed School Districts
- 3 Storm System Departs Peekskill, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 4 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 5 100-Year-Old Peekskill Resident Attends Hudson Valley Chamber Gala