PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Eugene F. Manzella of Peekskill died Jan. 21. He was 92.
Manzella was born April 23, 1921, in the Bronx, to Frank and Concetta DeMaio Manzella. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He was a tailor of men's clothing in the New York City Garment Industry. He was a charter member and a past commodore of the Cortlandt Yacht Club in Montrose. He also served on the Board of Directors at the Yacht Club, was past financial secretary as well as a longtime member.
Manzella is survived by his children, Frank Manzella of Carmel, Adele (Michael) Lasco of Cortlandt Manor and Lucille Gilbert of Peekskill; four grandchildren; seven great grandchildren; sister, Rosemarie Avezzano of Ardsley; and brother, John Manzella of Somers. He was predeceased by his wife, Angela "Minnie" Manzella; and daughter-in-law, Madeline Manzella.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 23 and Friday, Jan. 24 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11:15 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25 at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church. Entombment will follow at Rose Hills Memorial Park.
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 4 Letter: Peekskill Must Eliminate Longevity Bonuses
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home