PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Edward O. Curry Jr., a lifelong Peekskill resident, died Nov. 17. He was 96.
Curry was the director of the E.O. Curry Funeral Home in Peekskill.
Born March 19, 1916, he was the son of Edward O. Curry and Margaret Puff. He served in the Navy as a pharmacist’s mate from 1943 to 1945. Curry was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion Post in Peekskill and the Boca-Delray Navy League.
He was a charter member of the Kiwanis Club of Peekskill and a member of the Odd Fellows of Peekskill. Curry was also a longtime member of Cortlandt Hook & Ladder Company No. 1 in Peekskill and the United Methodist Church of Peekskill.
On Sept. 14, 1940, Curry married R. Miriam Irwin. She predeceased him on Jan. 6, 2008. He worked as a licensed funeral director and embalmer since 1937 for E.O. Curry Funeral Home, a family-owned business for 75 years.
Curry is survived by a son, Edward O. (Mary) Curry III; a daughter, Nancy (Neal) Townsend; five grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter. He was predeceased by a brother, William H. Curry.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at E.O. Curry Funeral Home. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Hillside Cemetery in Cortlandt Manor.
Memorial donations may be made to the Peekskill Community Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Memorial Fund, P.O. Box 173, Peekskill, NY 10566.
- 1 Baltimore Riots Hit Close To Home For Chappaqua Mom Dawn Dankner-Rosen
- 2 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 3 Philipstown Man Stabs Neighbor In Chest After Noise Dispute, Sheriff Says
- 4 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 5 Gretchen Carlson Of Fox News Schedules Talk At Peekskill School