PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Carmella J. Shubert of Peekskill died Friday, May 23. She was 71.
Shubert was born May 31, 1942, in Peekskill, to Salvatore and Mary Soricelli Napolitano. She was raised and educated locally. She was a former chef at Woodside School, retiring in 1999.
Shubert is survived by her husband, John of Peekskill; daughter, MaryAnn (Dominic) Volpe of Cortlandt Manor; son, John, Jr. (Veronica), of Concord, N.C.; brother, Salvatore Napolitano of Peekskill; and six grandchildren. She was predeceased by a daughter, Joann Shubert; and brother, Charles Napolitano.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 27 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 28 at Assumption Church, followed by burial at Assumption Cemetery.
- 1 Arrest Of Peekskill Woman On DWI Charges Tops Week's News
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 4 Brewing Up Fun at Peekskill's Hudson Hop and Harvest
- 5 Peekskill Native Pataki Reportedly Considering Presidential Bid In 2016