PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The Family Resource Center of Peekskill is looking for volunteers to help give needy residents a happy holiday.
The center hosts a Christmas party for the homeless each year for local people in need. They are looking for volunteers to help serve food, help give out new toys or make a donation of toys if they can, clean up, give out food, traffic direction, or even be Santa Claus or an Elf.
The event will be held at the Kiley Youth Center at 709 Main Street on Dec. 22 from 2 to 6 p.m. The center staff would like volunteers to be there around noon but any time that can be spared would be appreciated.
Anyone looking to volunteer some time can sign up on the Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of Commerce website.
- 1 Police Investigating After Man's Body Is Found In Peekskill Creek
- 2 Peekskill Restaurant Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 3 Two Charged With Stealing Power Tools At Cortlandt Home Depot
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Police Ask For Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown