PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The Family Resource Center of Peekskill is looking for volunteers to help give needy residents a happy holiday.
The center hosts a Christmas party for the homeless each year for local people in need. They are looking for volunteers to help serve food, help give out new toys or make a donation of toys if they can, clean up, give out food, traffic direction, or even be Santa Claus or an Elf.
The event will be held at the Kiley Youth Center at 709 Main Street on Dec. 22 from 2 to 6 p.m. The center staff would like volunteers to be there around noon but any time that can be spared would be appreciated.
Anyone looking to volunteer some time can sign up on the Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of Commerce website.
- 1 State Police Warn Peekskill Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 3 Man Charged With Felony DWI In Peekskill
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Peekskill Girls Hold Off Rye, Head For Third Straight Sectional Final