OSSINING, N.Y. -- Ossining's Teatown Lake Reservation will employ sharpshooters to kill up to 75 deer in an effort to maintain balance in the area's ecosystem, according to LoHud.com.
The steadily growing deer population in the area continues to eat trees, seeds and other plant life at a rate that impacts the entire ecosystem, including loss of bird life, according to LoHud.com.
Sharpshooters will kill the deer at night and the meat will be donated to charities that feed venison to the needy, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 2 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Cortlandt Man Charged After Being In Possession Of Drugs, Counterfeit Bills
- 5 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway