MONTROSE, N.Y. -- About 250 parents and students have signed a petition to reinstate an engineering teacher who resigned following a field trip to New York City recently, according to theexaminernews.com.
Everton Henriques was one of several teachers who resigned after they allegedly left students unattended to have a meal and alcoholic beverages during a school trip to New York. The teachers were granted permission by a supervisor, theexaminernews.com said.
Hendrick Hudson Superintendent Joseph Hochreiter reminded parents that no teachers were terminated and that all of them resigned, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Peekskill
- 3 The Grinch Makes An Appearance At Decorated Peekskill Home
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Former Peekskill Resident Honored By Bill Belichick Foundation