PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill this week:
- Yorktown Police arrested a Peekskill woman for shoplifting. The suspect was detained after she allegedly attempted to leave a store with three pairs of earrings and a handbag.
- Hero dog, Nero, that saved Northern Westchester family from fire found dead.
- The train that derailed Sunday morning in the Bronx was traveling at 82 miles per hour when it went over a curve, National Transportation Safety Board member Earl Weener said at a press conference.
- New York State Police arrested a Cortlandt Manor woman for attempting to steal assorted items from a local Home Depot.
- There is no indication of any mechanical malfunction in the train, rails, or signal system involved the Metro-North Hudson Line derailment Sunday, which killed four and injured others, the NTSB announced at a press conference at the Hampton Inn in Yonkers.