PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The city will be saying goodbye to another Peekskill staff member in the coming weeks.
Director of Planning Anthony Ruggiero has been hired to be the planning commissioner for nearby Putnam County. Ruggiero was an appointment of county executive Mary Ellen Odell and was approved by the Putnam County Board of Legislators Tuesday night.
"I grew up in Carmel and graduated from Carmel High School, so it's a homecoming in a way" said Ruggiero Wednesday. "I thought it was an excellent opportunity."
Ruggiero said he would miss working in Peekskill, where he has worked in the planning department since 2000.
"Peekskill has been great to me," Ruggiero said. "The employees and residents are like family and it was a difficult decision."
Ruggiero said he will likely stay on staff in Peekskill until sometime in late January.
Longtime Putnam County Legislator Vincent Tamagna of Philipstown said Ruggiero would be only the second planning commissioner in the county's history after the recently retired John Lynch.
"He'll be a great addition to the administrative team with his personality and experience," Tamagna said.
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Letter: Peekskill Must Eliminate Longevity Bonuses
- 4 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home