PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill this week:
- Peekskill High School principal Fred Hutchinson, who announced his resignation on Wednesday, is resigning because of personal reasons, the Peekskill City School District announced.
- Westchester County police recovered 16 grams of cocaine, 10 glassine envelopes of heroin, 50 pipes used to smoke crack cocaine and arrested five people on related drug charges at an Ossining home this past weekend, police said.
- The Westchester County Medical Examiner's office has ruled that a man found in a burning car Sunday afternoon at the Purdys train station committed suicide.
- Winter storm Pax, translated as Peace in Latin, was anything but peaceful as it blew into Westchester County with high winds and heavy snow beginning early Thursday morning.
- 1 Two Peekskill Men Charged After Alleged Gang Assault In Yorktown
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 4 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 5 Peekskill Celebrates July 4 With Picnics, Pyrotechnics