PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill this week:
- Peekskill's Beale Street Barber Shop hosted the "Million-Hair Challenge Hair Drive" on Saturday, benefiting the Kathleen F. Marks Memorial Foundation.
- Yorktown Police arrested and charged a 17-year-old Lakeland High School student after he allegedly posted photos of metal knuckles and unidentified illegal drugs on his Facebook page, according to Yorktown police.
- A juvenile has been arrested and charged with juvenile delinquency after a bomb scare led to the evacuation of Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Friday.
- Marie Theresa (Antunes) Eagens, a lifetime resident of Peekskill, died Monday, March 17. She was 74.
- Peekskill’s Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art will receive the Community Award from ArtsWestchester at a luncheon on Friday, April 4
- New York is the worst state in the country to be a taxpayer, according to rankings released by WalletHub.com.
- 1 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 2 American Legion To Host June 6 Run/Walk For Heroes In Peekskill
- 3 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee
- 4 State Police Issue 30 Tickets In Route 9 Speed Detail
- 5 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth In Westchester Bust