PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill this week:
- Peekskill's Beale Street Barber Shop hosted the "Million-Hair Challenge Hair Drive" on Saturday, benefiting the Kathleen F. Marks Memorial Foundation.
- Yorktown Police arrested and charged a 17-year-old Lakeland High School student after he allegedly posted photos of metal knuckles and unidentified illegal drugs on his Facebook page, according to Yorktown police.
- A juvenile has been arrested and charged with juvenile delinquency after a bomb scare led to the evacuation of Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Friday.
- Marie Theresa (Antunes) Eagens, a lifetime resident of Peekskill, died Monday, March 17. She was 74.
- Peekskill’s Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art will receive the Community Award from ArtsWestchester at a luncheon on Friday, April 4
- New York is the worst state in the country to be a taxpayer, according to rankings released by WalletHub.com.
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 24 Hospitalized After Chlorine Spill At Peekskill Middle School
- 5 Peekskill Parks And Rec Worker Rescues Girl On Icy Lake