PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill this week:
- The Westchester County Board of Legislators and Donald and Jane Cecil, founders of the Jandon Scholarship, honored Diana Suarez of Peekskill along with 14 other recipients on May 21.
- Voters in Peekskill approved the 2014-15 school budget , 409 votes to 220 votes. The $79.8 million budget increases spending 1.86 percent, with a 1.57 percent tax levy increase and 1.58 percent tax increase.
- New York State Police charged a Lake Peekskill man with multiple counts following a domestic incident in Putnam Valley.
- State Senator Greg Ball, through his lawyer , Joseph Tacopina, sent Assemblyman Steve Katz a letter threatening him with a lawsuit if he continues to imply Ball is under investigation for misusing campaign funds.
- Rita's, which specializes in Italian ices and custard, opened in the city last summer. The company is celebrating its 30-year anniversary at one of its newest locations, 1877 E. Main St. in the Beaches Shopping Center in Peekskill.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.