CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Helene Kane has announced she will retire as principal of Cortlandt's Furnace Woods Elementary School at the end of the 2013-2014 school year.
Her retirement letter will be accepted at the Sep. 25 board of education meeting. Kane will remain principal until June 30. She has been at Furnace Woods for 17 years.
The district will begin the recruitment process to find the new principal in November.
“You have inspired me to be the best principal I could be and I could never have done it alone, ” Kane stated when she addressed her staff this morning.
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 4 Letter: Peekskill Must Eliminate Longevity Bonuses
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Peekskill Residents