CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Helene Kane has announced she will retire as principal of Cortlandt's Furnace Woods Elementary School at the end of the 2013-2014 school year.
Her retirement letter will be accepted at the Sep. 25 board of education meeting. Kane will remain principal until June 30. She has been at Furnace Woods for 17 years.
The district will begin the recruitment process to find the new principal in November.
“You have inspired me to be the best principal I could be and I could never have done it alone, ” Kane stated when she addressed her staff this morning.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Peekskill Mayor Drops Attempt To Oust City Manager
- 3 Suspect Charged In Peekskill 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 4 Man, Two Women Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes