PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Several Peekskill residents will be taking a plunge into the freezing waters of the Hudson River for a good cause on New Year’s Day.
The Quiet Man Public House is sponsoring a Polar Plunge at the Peekskill riverfront at 1 p.m. Jan. 1 to raise money for the This Is Me Foundation, which works to raise awareness about alopecia areata, an autoimmune disease that causes hair loss.
“As of now, we have seven confirmed participants who will go into the water at 1 p.m. on Jan. 1,” said This Is Me Foundation co-founder Lauren Brady of Peekskill. “Supporters can visit our Polar Plunge site to sponsor a plunger.”
The event is open to the public to watch and cheer on those participating. Warm beverages will be served at the event to keep everyone toasty.
All proceeds raised by sponsors will go directly to the This Is Me scholarship fund, which provides scholarships to local graduating seniors who have faced adversity.
To participate or for more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Two Peekskill Men Charged After Alleged Gang Assault In Yorktown
- 2 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Peekskill Native George Pataki Trades Heated Barbs With Donald Trump
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You