PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Area residents took to the streets of Peekskill on Saturday morning for a good cause – the Running of the Turkeys.
Holding frozen turkeys in their hands, book bags or even baby strollers, about two dozen people raced for a mile down Brown Street.
The turkeys were then donated to the Jan Peek House and Caring for the Homeless of Peekskill (C.H.O.P.).
The turkey run was put on with the help of the Quiet Man Pub, BeanRunner Cafe and the Peekskill Lions Club. Non-perishable foods can be dropped off at the BeanRunner and the Quiet Man.
- 1 Man, 22, Charged In Tire-Slashing Incidents In Peekskill
- 2 Valentine Grocery In Peekskill Fined For Alcohol Sale To A Minor
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Hudson Valley Gateway Hosts Annual Expo In Peekskill
- 5 Ramp Closure, Heavy Delays On Taconic State Parkway