PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Area residents took to the streets of Peekskill on Saturday morning for a good cause – the Running of the Turkeys.
Holding frozen turkeys in their hands, book bags or even baby strollers, about two dozen people raced for a mile down Brown Street.
The turkeys were then donated to the Jan Peek House and Caring for the Homeless of Peekskill (C.H.O.P.).
The turkey run was put on with the help of the Quiet Man Pub, BeanRunner Cafe and the Peekskill Lions Club. Non-perishable foods can be dropped off at the BeanRunner and the Quiet Man.
- 1 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 2 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Cortlandt Man Charged After Being In Possession Of Drugs, Counterfeit Bills
- 5 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway