PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Area residents took to the streets of Peekskill on Saturday morning for a good cause – the Running of the Turkeys.
Holding frozen turkeys in their hands, book bags or even baby strollers, about two dozen people raced for a mile down Brown Street.
The turkeys were then donated to the Jan Peek House and Caring for the Homeless of Peekskill (C.H.O.P.).
The turkey run was put on with the help of the Quiet Man Pub, BeanRunner Cafe and the Peekskill Lions Club. Non-perishable foods can be dropped off at the BeanRunner and the Quiet Man.
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Peekskill Residents
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home