PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Area residents took to the streets of Peekskill on Saturday morning for a good cause – the Running of the Turkeys.
Holding frozen turkeys in their hands, book bags or even baby strollers, about two dozen people raced for a mile down Brown Street.
The turkeys were then donated to the Jan Peek House and Caring for the Homeless of Peekskill (C.H.O.P.).
The turkey run was put on with the help of the Quiet Man Pub, BeanRunner Cafe and the Peekskill Lions Club. Non-perishable foods can be dropped off at the BeanRunner and the Quiet Man.
- 1 Report: Peekskill HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 2 Verplanck Man, 56, Charged With Identity Theft
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College
- 5 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center