PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art in Peekskill will be releasing the "I'm Tired," project that involves the local community starting Saturday, Feb. 27, and runs thru July. WORD is also another project that will run alongside it.
WORD is HVCCA’s first open call juried exhibition highlighting talented regional artists. Some 140 artists applied and 45 artists were selected. These newer and lesser known works sit side by side with works of artists such as Beatrice Coron, Dylan Graham (Netherlands), Ann Hamilton (US 1999 Venice Biennale artist), John Mellencamp, Jeffrey Gibson, Laura Kimpton (SLS Miami, Burning Man, California) and Robert Indiana.
Many of the artists featured are from Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess counties. A brief listing follows:
- From Peekskill: Paul Arts, Robert Barthelmes, Nicolae Golici, Carla Rae Johnson, and Jo-Ann Brody.
- From Beacon: Robert Brush, Brian Doyle
- From Poughkeepsie: Nestor Madalengoitia
- From Cold Spring: Felicia Ballos, Jean Brennan, and Elizabeth Castagna
- From Mount Vernon: Barry Mason
- From Golden's Bridge: Bernard Mindich
- From Ossining: Robert Olsson
- From Croton: Thomas Smith
- From Sleepy Hollow: Les Von Losberg
Opening alongside of WORD and, part of it, is The "I'm Tired" Project by young British artists Paula Apkon and Harriet Evans.
"I'm Tired" runs to May 1 and WORD runs through July 31.