CORTLANDT, N.Y. — Famous Footwear celebrated its grand opening at the Cortlandt Town Center on Saturday. The shoe store is the third in the Cortlandt Town Center and the third Famous Footwear in Westchester County.
Managers of Famous Footwear were unable to speak to the media, and representatives of Famous Footwear's corporate office did not respond to requests for comment as of Thursday evening. It's unclear how many jobs the show store is bringing to town or whether the shoe store will open early on Black Friday.
Famous Footwear is one of three shoe stores in the Cortlandt Town Center, including Payless Shoe Source and DSW (Discount Shoe Warehouse). There are two other Famous Footwear locations in Westchester County, one in Mount Vernon and another in Port Chester.
Nationally, the chain operates more than 1,100 stores and sells more than 100 brand name shoes, such as Nike, Skechers, Puma and Steve Madden. The store offers shoes for men, women and children. Famous Footwear is operated as a retail subsidiary of the Brown Shoe Company Inc.
The new location, at 3121 E. Main St., Mohegan Lake, is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays. For more information, call 914-528-2620.
- 1 Valentine Grocery In Peekskill Fined For Alcohol Sale To A Minor
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 Ramp Closure, Heavy Delays On Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Daily Voice Leaders: Ken Martin, Mayoral Candidate, City Of Peekskill
- 5 Peekskill Mayor Seeks Improvements At Train Station, Wants MTA Meeting