WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Aside from the locally sourced food being front and center for Hudson Valley Restaurant Week (HVRW), some area restaurants are going a step further, offering locally sourced cocktails.
But go soon: HVRW ends March 22, though, thanks to the crafty mixologists involved, you can also try these drinks at home.
Garry Leavy's "Pickled Peekskill," Birdsall House , 970 Main St, Peekskill.
- 4 to 5 Chef March Walker’s pickles (to drop in)
- 1 ½ oz Mexcal Tequila
- 1/3 oz Lime Juice
- 1/3 oz Agave Syrup
- Smoked Salt Rim around glass as garnish.
- Stir together. Serve in a margarita glass.
Justin Poltrack’s "Café of Love Bourbon-Blood Orange Thaw," Café of Love , 38 Main St, Mount Kisco.
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 oz fresh-squeezed blood orange juice
- 3 mint leaves
- ½ oz fresh lemon juice
- Splash simple syrup
- Dash aromatic bitters
- Splash club soda
- Muddle mint in simple syrup. Add bourbon and juices. Add ice and shake once. Add dash of bitters and splash of club soda. Pour into highball glass. Garnish with slice of blood orange and spring of mint.
Jay Shenkman’s "Succulent Pear Martini," Chophouse Grille, 957 US-6, Mahopac .
- 2 oz part pear puree
- .5 oz simple syrup
- Dash cinnamon
- 4 oz Grey Goose La Poire Vodka
- 4 oz St Germain Elderflower liqueur
- Homemade pear purée with simple syrup and a dash of cinnamon.
- Shaken strained – served straight-up in martini glass.
Clark Moore’s "Turkish Delight," Harpers , 92 Main St, Dobbs Ferry.
- 1 ½ oz Cardamom
- 1 oz Pistachio milk
- ½ oz pear liqueur
- ½ oz Vanilla Syrup
- ¼ oz Jasmine liqueur
- 3 drops of Rose Water
- Absinth rinse
- -Shake all together and serve on the rocks in an old fashioned glass with crushed pistachio garnish.
Dave Tuttle’s "Classic Manhattan," Ralph and Dave’s, 7 Riverview Ave, Verplanck.
- 3 oz Hillrock Rye (or Bourbon to substitute)
- 1 oz Antica Formula Sweet Vermouth
- Luxardo Cherries
- Two drops of Luxardo Cherry Syrup
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- -Shaken and poured into a martini glass.
Kelly Verardo ‘s "Old New York," Restaurant North , 386 Main St, Armonk.
- 1.5 oz bourbon
- Dash of Bittermans grapefruit bitter liqueur
- 1 oz homemade grenadine
- Orange twist
- In a mixing glass gilled with ice, combine the bourbon, bitter and grenadine. Stir and strain into a martini glass .
- Garnish with an orange twist.
For more information on HVRW, go here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.