PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The city's Sixth Annual Jazz and Blues Festival and a festival for young fairytale lovers are among events happening this weekend.
Friday, July 20
Tales For Tots at Field Library : 11 a.m. Stories for children ages 2 and up. 4 Nelson Ave.
Mixing in Math at Field Library: 3:30 p.m. Numbers fun for kids 5 and up. 4 Nelson Ave.
A capella: Classic Doo-wop with The 5 Creations: 7:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. The 5 Creations sing the Rock and Roll and Rhythm & Blues hits from the 1950s and early 1960s in the group harmony a capella style. Vocalists include Richie Acevedo, Michael Barge, George Valentin, Luis Rios & Jim Wegrzn. Admission is $10. BeanRunner Café, 201 S. Division St.
Petey Hop and The Jack Rabbits at 12 Grapes: 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Petey Hop is equally at home playing down home blues, folk, country and rockabilly as he is jamming out with blistering rock and roll. Admission is a $5 entertainment fee for all, including diners. 12 N. Division St.
Saturday, July 20
- Peekskill Farmers Market: 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Vendors will sell a variety of foods, including fresh produce, locally made honey, fresh meat and seafood. Bank Street.
- Sixth Annual Peekskill Jazz and Blues Festival: 1-10 p.m. Enjoy an entire day of free live Jazz and Blues music on Central Avenue and N. Division Street. Artists from across the county take part in the annual event and city eateries and craft vendors will also be taking part in the festivities. See our preview story for more information.
- EMBARK Fairytale and Firefly Festival: 5-9 p.m. Children are encouraged to don their favorite fairy or insect costume as they make wands and paper crowns at the craft table. There will also be a woodland obstacle course and a fairy roundel dance, as well as food and drink and live harp music. Admission is a donation of $5. Space in this part of the park is limited, so please email a reservation with number of adults and children to firstname.lastname@example.org . See our preview story for more information.
Sunday, July 21
- Peekskill Attic Treasures: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Flea market vendors will sell such items as video games, music, footwear and purses. Bank Street.
- Bluegrass am hosted by Trevor Hochman at Birdsall House: 6-9 p.m.The show will be held in the outdoor beer garden
Do you have an event youd like to publicize? Visit our Events page and add your event to our calendar.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.