PEEKSKILL -- It's a busy holiday weekend with Passover, Good Friday and Easter being held in the city, but there are still other events taking place as well:
Friday, April 6
- 12 Grapes will host a night of R&B and soul with Rhonda Denét & The Bad Cats at 9:30 p.m. Admission is a $5 entertainment fee for all, including diners.
- BeanRunner Cafe will host Tony Leon and his Groupo Son Latino at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10.
- The Birdsall House will have a free show by the band Classic Vinyl; they'll be playing deep cuts from the 60s and 70s.
- Division Street Grill will feature Bucky Pizzarelli & Jerry Bruno performing at 7:30 p.m. and 9:15 p.m.
- The Peekskill Coffee House will host a free show by the Aerosmith tribute band "Get Your Wings" at 8 p.m.
Saturday, April 8
- The city will hold its annual Breakfast With the Bunny at 9:30 a.m. at the Neighborhood Center on Nelson Avenue. Children 10 and under and their parents can enjoy a pancake breakfast with the Easter Bunny. Raffles and giveaways are included. Seating is limited, so register early at the Parks office. Registration will not be accepted at the door. Admission is $7 for adults and $5 for children.
- 12 Grapes will host a CD Release Party for blues artist Petey Hop at 9:30 p.m. Admission is a $10 entertainment fee, or $5 with dinner entree.
- BeanRunner Cafe will host a night of blues and rock; Midnight Slim with Michael T start at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10.
- Division Street Grill will feature jazz vocalist Deena Goidel performing from 7:15 p.m. to 10:15 p.m.
- The Paramount Center For The Arts will hold a screening of the romantic comedy film "Take Me Home" starring Sam Jaeger and Amber Jaeger at 7:30 p.m. The film is not rated.
- The Peekskill Coffee House will host the lo-fi/soul-influenced music of Salinsky starting at 8 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
Easter Sunday, April 8
- 12 Grapes will have an a la carte Easter Sunday brunch with two seatings; one at 11:30 a.m. and another at 1:30 p.m. The chef will prepare some Easter specials, as well such as Glazed Ham with Artichoke Gratin. The venue will be closed for dinner. Call ahead for reservations.
- Division Street Grill will offer a prix fixe Easter brunch from 1 to 6 p.m. with a choice of appetizer, entree and dessert. Pianist Doug Smith will be performing from 2-7 p.m. Call ahead for reservations.
- Henry's on the Hudson will feature a brunch buffet from noon to 4 p.m. including a carving station, omelet station and complimentary mimosas. $26.95 per person, $16.95 children ages 6-12, and $11.95 children 2-5. Prices do not include tax & tip. Reservations are suggested.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.