YONKERS, N.Y. — The Saunders Blue Devils won their third consecutive game to start the season Saturday, besting visiting Peekskill, 21-6, at Tibbetts Brook Park.
Blue Devils (3-0) leading rusher Francisco Wilson-King carried the ball 16 times for 148 yards and two touchdowns. Wilson-King has eight touchdowns in the Blue Devils' three wins.
"Well, we didn't play our best game. We made mistakes," Wilson-King said. "We just held on and played our best. We'll just forget this game and focus in on the next game."
Ramon Searight caught a 67-yard touchdown from Ayo Jegede for Peekskill's lone score as the visiting Red Devils fell to 0-3.
Saunders quarterback Kristian Prenga rushed 14 times for 118 yards and completed 5 of 7 passes for 36 yards, including a touchdown pass to receiver Chris Tan.
"We started the game slow and we picked it up after the first series, but we played sloppy as a team," Prenga said. "It wasn't our best game as a Saunders football team, but we're 3-0 and going to Brewster. That's going to be a war, and we're going to practice hard and play hard."
Saunders has won three games for the second straight season and can have its best season in more than 15 years if it wins once more over the next four weeks.
The Devils will face their toughest test of the season at Brewster at 7 p.m. Friday.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 3 Yorktown Police Charge Peekskill Woman With Driving While Ability Impaired
- 4 Peekskill Resident Face Underage Alcohol Sale Charge
- 5 Cortlandt Man Charged With Threatening Group With A Knife