WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Only four teams remain in the Section 1 Class A boys' basketball playoffs as the semifinals take place Wednesday at the Westchester County Center.
Which of the four remaining teams in the boys basketball Section 1 Class A playoffs will win the championship?View Results
Which of the four remaining teams in the boys basketball Section 1 Class A playoffs will win the championship?
Byram Hills Bobcats32%
Peekskill Red Devils32%
Second-seeded Eastchester will face No. 3 Poughkeepsie in the first semifinal game at 6:30 p.m. The Eagles beat No. 10 Pelham, 60-42, in the quarterfinals to reach the County Center for the first time since 1971.
Poughkeepsie blew out No. 6 Tappan Zee, 67-42, in the quarterfinals to reach the County Center for the 11th time in the last 12 seasons.
Top-seeded Byram Hills (18-1) will face No. 5 Peekskill (16-4) in the other semifinal game at 8:15 p.m. The Bobcats defeated Somers, 76-58, in the quarterfinals to make it to the County Center for the third straight season.
Peekskill overcame a double-digit deficit at No. 4 Albertus Magnus to win, 72-67, in the quarterfinals.
The winners of the two semifinal games will play for the section championship at 7 p.m. March 3.
- 1 Peekskill Man, 24, Charged In Stabbing At Putnam Restaurant
- 2 Fiancee Pulled Paddle Away As Hudson River Victim Flailed, Prosecutors Say
- 3 Peekskill Native George Pataki To Enter Presidential Race In New Hampshire
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says