WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Only four teams remain in the Section 1 Class A boys' basketball playoffs as the semifinals take place Wednesday at the Westchester County Center.
Which of the four remaining teams in the boys basketball Section 1 Class A playoffs will win the championship?View Results
Which of the four remaining teams in the boys basketball Section 1 Class A playoffs will win the championship?
Byram Hills Bobcats32%
Peekskill Red Devils32%
Second-seeded Eastchester will face No. 3 Poughkeepsie in the first semifinal game at 6:30 p.m. The Eagles beat No. 10 Pelham, 60-42, in the quarterfinals to reach the County Center for the first time since 1971.
Poughkeepsie blew out No. 6 Tappan Zee, 67-42, in the quarterfinals to reach the County Center for the 11th time in the last 12 seasons.
Top-seeded Byram Hills (18-1) will face No. 5 Peekskill (16-4) in the other semifinal game at 8:15 p.m. The Bobcats defeated Somers, 76-58, in the quarterfinals to make it to the County Center for the third straight season.
Peekskill overcame a double-digit deficit at No. 4 Albertus Magnus to win, 72-67, in the quarterfinals.
The winners of the two semifinal games will play for the section championship at 7 p.m. March 3.
- 1 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College
- 2 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud