PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Peekskill High School football player Ramon Searight is The Peekskill Daily Voice Student-Athlete of the Month for November.
Searight helped the Peekskill football team win its first game in nearly four years when he carried the ball for 132 yards and two touchdowns in a 21-8 win against Riverside. The victory snapped a 32-game losing streak for the Red Devils.
The senior made the North team of the Section 1 Senior Bowl, which features northern and southern teams from Westchester, Rockland and Dutchess counties.
Searight ended his season with a bang as he rushed 20 times for 236 yards in a 20-14 win against Blind Brook. He had touchdown runs of 68 and 57 yards and hauled in an 18-yard touchdown pass from his brother, Tyrone, as well.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Peekskill
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 The Grinch Makes An Appearance At Decorated Peekskill Home
- 5 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police