PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Peekskill High School football player Ramon Searight is The Peekskill Daily Voice Student-Athlete of the Month for November.
Searight helped the Peekskill football team win its first game in nearly four years when he carried the ball for 132 yards and two touchdowns in a 21-8 win against Riverside. The victory snapped a 32-game losing streak for the Red Devils.
The senior made the North team of the Section 1 Senior Bowl, which features northern and southern teams from Westchester, Rockland and Dutchess counties.
Searight ended his season with a bang as he rushed 20 times for 236 yards in a 20-14 win against Blind Brook. He had touchdown runs of 68 and 57 yards and hauled in an 18-yard touchdown pass from his brother, Tyrone, as well.
- 1 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 2 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 Peekskill Native George Pataki Trades Heated Barbs With Donald Trump