PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Peekskill High School football player Ramon Searight is The Peekskill Daily Voice Student-Athlete of the Month for November.
Searight helped the Peekskill football team win its first game in nearly four years when he carried the ball for 132 yards and two touchdowns in a 21-8 win against Riverside. The victory snapped a 32-game losing streak for the Red Devils.
The senior made the North team of the Section 1 Senior Bowl, which features northern and southern teams from Westchester, Rockland and Dutchess counties.
Searight ended his season with a bang as he rushed 20 times for 236 yards in a 20-14 win against Blind Brook. He had touchdown runs of 68 and 57 yards and hauled in an 18-yard touchdown pass from his brother, Tyrone, as well.
- 1 Report: Peekskill HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 2 Verplanck Man, 56, Charged With Identity Theft
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College
- 5 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center