PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Peekskill High School football player Ramon Searight is The Peekskill Daily Voice Student-Athlete of the Month for November.
Searight helped the Peekskill football team win its first game in nearly four years when he carried the ball for 132 yards and two touchdowns in a 21-8 win against Riverside. The victory snapped a 32-game losing streak for the Red Devils.
The senior made the North team of the Section 1 Senior Bowl, which features northern and southern teams from Westchester, Rockland and Dutchess counties.
Searight ended his season with a bang as he rushed 20 times for 236 yards in a 20-14 win against Blind Brook. He had touchdown runs of 68 and 57 yards and hauled in an 18-yard touchdown pass from his brother, Tyrone, as well.
- 1 Peekskill School District Budget Approved
- 2 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth As Part Of Westchester Bust
- 3 Peekskill Democrats Pick Candidates For November Election
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies