CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The Chappaqua Swim & Tennis Club hosted five other Westchester-area club teams and took overall first place by 15 points over second-place Peekskill at the Chappaqua Invitational Meet on July 20.
Chappaqua scored 139 followed by Peekskill's 124, Yorktown with 105, Ossining's Torview Swim Club (100), Chappaqua's Seven Bridges Field Club (96) and Pound Ridge (65).
According to Chappaqua's coaches' report, the meet began with a crescendo diving relay in which teams had four divers each doing one of the following dives: smallest splash, can opener, most twists and cannonball. This was followed by a bunch of regular events such as freestyle and medley relays (co-ed), individual freestyle,and individual medleys.
The silly/fun events kicked into high gear with the Blown-up Cap Relay, the 4-person Coach/Staff Free Relay, the Parent Relay, the Girls and Boys Crescendo Relays in which participants representing each of the five age groups swam the following: doggie paddle, sidestroke, elementary backstroke, corkscrew and Hawaiian breaststroke.
At the meet's conclusion, teams were presented with trophies and swimmers also received medals and ribbons for their efforts. A raffle was held, the proceeds of which went to support Swim Across America, held the previous weekend at CST.
- 1 Hudson Valley Expo Returns To Peekskill For First Time In 70 Years
- 2 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 3 Peekskill Man Charged With Multiple Traffic Infractions In Yorktown
- 4 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 5 Peekskill Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night