CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. -- The Chappaqua Swim & Tennis Club hosted five other Westchester-area club teams and took overall first place by 15 points over second-place Peekskill at the Chappaqua Invitational Meet on July 20.
Chappaqua scored 139 followed by Peekskill's 124, Yorktown with 105, Ossining's Torview Swim Club (100), Chappaqua's Seven Bridges Field Club (96) and Pound Ridge (65).
According to Chappaqua's coaches' report, the meet began with a crescendo diving relay in which teams had four divers each doing one of the following dives: smallest splash, can opener, most twists and cannonball. This was followed by a bunch of regular events such as freestyle and medley relays (co-ed), individual freestyle,and individual medleys.
The silly/fun events kicked into high gear with the Blown-up Cap Relay, the 4-person Coach/Staff Free Relay, the Parent Relay, the Girls and Boys Crescendo Relays in which participants representing each of the five age groups swam the following: doggie paddle, sidestroke, elementary backstroke, corkscrew and Hawaiian breaststroke.
At the meet's conclusion, teams were presented with trophies and swimmers also received medals and ribbons for their efforts. A raffle was held, the proceeds of which went to support Swim Across America, held the previous weekend at CST.
- 1 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College
- 2 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 5 Yorktown Police Charge Peekskill Woman With Driving While Ability Impaired