WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A six-member task force appointed by New York State Board of Regents Chancellor Merryl Tisch has made recommendations to improve the implementation of Common Core standards throughout Westchester County and all of New York State, according to CBS New York.
Some of the recommendations include allowing teachers to argue against termination based on students test performances as well as delaying the phase-in of Common Core regents exams until 2022 instead of 2017, CBS New York reported.
- 1 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 2 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 3 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 American Legion To Host June 6 Run/Walk For Heroes In Peekskill
- 5 State Police Issue 30 Tickets In Route 9 Speed Detail