WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A six-member task force appointed by New York State Board of Regents Chancellor Merryl Tisch has made recommendations to improve the implementation of Common Core standards throughout Westchester County and all of New York State, according to CBS New York.
Some of the recommendations include allowing teachers to argue against termination based on students test performances as well as delaying the phase-in of Common Core regents exams until 2022 instead of 2017, CBS New York reported.
- 1 Man Charged With Multiple Traffic Infractions On Route 202
- 2 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 3 Man With 20-Plus Convictions Charged In Peekskill Beauty Salon Burglary
- 4 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 5 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery