PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Peekskill’s Special Education Parent Teacher Organization has set its upcoming calendar of meetings and speakers, the special education organization said.
The dates and speakers are:
- Nov. 10: Marion Walsh, of Littman Krooks LLP, a local education law attorney. Subject to be announced.
- Dec. 5: Santa Claus event.
- Jan. 5: Office of People with Developmental Disabilities. Topic: Understanding the front door process and transition certification. Speaker to be announced.
- Feb. 9, 2016: Lisa Hammel will speak on behavior management.
- April 5, 2016: Sheryl Frishman, of Littman Krooks LLP, will discuss the guardianship process.
- May 10, 2106: Izel Obermeyeran, an occupational therapist from the Westchester Institute for Human Development, will discuss assistive technology.
- June 7, 2016: “Difference Day” at the Hillcrest School. This is a student-only event.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.