PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Voters in Peekskill approved the 2014-15 school budget, 409 votes to 220 votes.
The $79.8 million budget increases spending 1.86 percent, with a 1.57 percent tax levy increase and 1.58 percent tax increase. The budget is within the state mandated cap on the tax levy.
Richard Sullivan and Douglas Glickert were elected to the school board with 386 votes and 339 votes, respectively. Joe Urbanowicz had 302 votes and George Ondek had 188 votes.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College
- 3 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 4 Yorktown Police Charge Peekskill Woman With Driving While Ability Impaired
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts