PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Voters in Peekskill approved the 2014-15 school budget, 409 votes to 220 votes.
The $79.8 million budget increases spending 1.86 percent, with a 1.57 percent tax levy increase and 1.58 percent tax increase. The budget is within the state mandated cap on the tax levy.
Richard Sullivan and Douglas Glickert were elected to the school board with 386 votes and 339 votes, respectively. Joe Urbanowicz had 302 votes and George Ondek had 188 votes.
- 1 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 2 Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Murder Of Peekskill Cab Driver
- 3 Peekskill Native Pataki Reportedly Considering Presidential Bid In 2016
- 4 Cortlandt Man Charged In Theft From Kohl's, Threat To Staffer
- 5 Brewing Up Fun at Peekskill's Hudson Hop and Harvest