PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Voters in Peekskill approved the 2014-15 school budget, 409 votes to 220 votes.
The $79.8 million budget increases spending 1.86 percent, with a 1.57 percent tax levy increase and 1.58 percent tax increase. The budget is within the state mandated cap on the tax levy.
Richard Sullivan and Douglas Glickert were elected to the school board with 386 votes and 339 votes, respectively. Joe Urbanowicz had 302 votes and George Ondek had 188 votes.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Police Seek Suspect In Robberies In Peekskill, Ossining
- 3 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 4 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Peekskill Hollow Road
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations