PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Voters in Peekskill approved the 2014-15 school budget, 409 votes to 220 votes.
The $79.8 million budget increases spending 1.86 percent, with a 1.57 percent tax levy increase and 1.58 percent tax increase. The budget is within the state mandated cap on the tax levy.
Richard Sullivan and Douglas Glickert were elected to the school board with 386 votes and 339 votes, respectively. Joe Urbanowicz had 302 votes and George Ondek had 188 votes.
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Letter: Peekskill Must Eliminate Longevity Bonuses
- 4 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home