PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Voters in Peekskill approved the 2014-15 school budget, 409 votes to 220 votes.
The $79.8 million budget increases spending 1.86 percent, with a 1.57 percent tax levy increase and 1.58 percent tax increase. The budget is within the state mandated cap on the tax levy.
Richard Sullivan and Douglas Glickert were elected to the school board with 386 votes and 339 votes, respectively. Joe Urbanowicz had 302 votes and George Ondek had 188 votes.
- 1 Peekskill Mayor Drops Attempt To Oust City Manager
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Peekskill
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester