PEEKSKILL, N.Y.-- Peekskill students are making news in colleges around the state.
Justin Cohen of Peekskill just completed the 2012 football season at Clarkson University in Potsdam.
Cohen, a senior majoring in innovation and entrepreneurship, participated on the club football team as a cornerback.
The team was founded two years ago, and has since grown to more than 50 members. The Golden Knights football club finished the 2012 season with a 4-3 record.The club finished its 2010 season with a 1-5 record and was 3-3 in 2011.
Also making news is Daryl Shuler, of Peekskill, who was named to the Fall 2012 Deans' List at Hudson Valley Community College in Troy.
Shuler is in the physical education studies program.The college's Deans' List honors those students who have a term grade point average between 3.0 and 3.5.
Do you have news about a college student from Peekskill? Share it will reporter Art Cusano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill
- 2 Peekskill Named One Of State's 10 Most Fiscally Stressed School Districts
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Peekskill; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Peekskill