PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The Peekskill School District has started a pilot program to help expose students in eighth- through 12th grades to the college experience, according to LoHud.com.
The "Smart Start" program give students the chance to visit various college settings, including large universities, small colleges and city campuses. It will also provide SAT preparation and support in obtaining financial assistance, LoHud.com said.
The first trip for the "Smart Start' program took students to the University of Connecticut where they were able to experience campus life at a large university, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Peekskill Mayor Seeks Improvements At Train Station, Wants MTA Meeting
- 3 Daily Voice Leaders: Ken Martin, Mayoral Candidate, City Of Peekskill
- 4 Ramp Closure, Heavy Delays On Taconic State Parkway
- 5 Hudson Valley Expo Returns To Peekskill For First Time In 70 Years