PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The Peekskill School District has started a pilot program to help expose students in eighth- through 12th grades to the college experience, according to LoHud.com.
The "Smart Start" program give students the chance to visit various college settings, including large universities, small colleges and city campuses. It will also provide SAT preparation and support in obtaining financial assistance, LoHud.com said.
The first trip for the "Smart Start' program took students to the University of Connecticut where they were able to experience campus life at a large university, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Peekskill School District Budget Approved
- 2 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth As Part Of Westchester Bust
- 3 Peekskill Democrats Pick Candidates For November Election
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies