PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A lawsuit brought against the Peekskill school district by a father and former teacher after his 16-year-old daughter was taken to receive birth control without his knowledge has been moved to federal court, according to LoHud.com.
The motion to move the case was filed by the district on the grounds the suit involves the First and 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution, LoHud.com reported.
Anthony and Eva Jackson of Newburgh claim in their suit that they were not given the opportunity to opt out of birth control for their daughter, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 24 Hospitalized After Chlorine Spill At Peekskill Middle School
- 5 Investigators Awaiting Toxicology Report In Death Of 6-Year-Old Croton Girl