PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A lawsuit brought against the Peekskill school district by a father and former teacher after his 16-year-old daughter was taken to receive birth control without his knowledge has been moved to federal court, according to LoHud.com.
The motion to move the case was filed by the district on the grounds the suit involves the First and 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution, LoHud.com reported.
Anthony and Eva Jackson of Newburgh claim in their suit that they were not given the opportunity to opt out of birth control for their daughter, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Peekskill Mayor Seeks Improvements At Train Station, Wants MTA Meeting
- 2 Daily Voice Leaders: Ken Martin, Mayoral Candidate, City Of Peekskill
- 3 Hudson Valley Expo Returns To Peekskill For First Time In 70 Years
- 4 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 5 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester