PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A lawsuit brought against the Peekskill school district by a father and former teacher after his 16-year-old daughter was taken to receive birth control without his knowledge has been moved to federal court, according to LoHud.com.
The motion to move the case was filed by the district on the grounds the suit involves the First and 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution, LoHud.com reported.
Anthony and Eva Jackson of Newburgh claim in their suit that they were not given the opportunity to opt out of birth control for their daughter, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Peekskill, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Peekskill; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Peekskill Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 5 Peekskill Man Charged With Felony, Aggravated DWI In Cortlandt