PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A lawsuit brought against the Peekskill school district by a father and former teacher after his 16-year-old daughter was taken to receive birth control without his knowledge has been moved to federal court, according to LoHud.com.
The motion to move the case was filed by the district on the grounds the suit involves the First and 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution, LoHud.com reported.
Anthony and Eva Jackson of Newburgh claim in their suit that they were not given the opportunity to opt out of birth control for their daughter, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 2 Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Murder Of Peekskill Cab Driver
- 3 Peekskill Native Pataki Reportedly Considering Presidential Bid In 2016
- 4 Cortlandt Man Charged In Theft From Kohl's, Threat To Staffer
- 5 Brewing Up Fun at Peekskill's Hudson Hop and Harvest