PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A lawsuit brought against the Peekskill school district by a father and former teacher after his 16-year-old daughter was taken to receive birth control without his knowledge has been moved to federal court, according to LoHud.com.
The motion to move the case was filed by the district on the grounds the suit involves the First and 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution, LoHud.com reported.
Anthony and Eva Jackson of Newburgh claim in their suit that they were not given the opportunity to opt out of birth control for their daughter, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 2 Donald Foster, 68, Business Owner, Husband Of Former Peekskill Mayor
- 3 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Peekskill Marks July 4 With Parade