PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- School starts on Thursday, Sept. 6 for most students in the Peekskill City School District. All parents should receive a letter this week with their child's schedule. Parents who do not receive a letter are asked to call their school’s main office.
Other important information for students, their parents and district staff:
Peekskill Middle School
- Seventh and eighth-graders can pick up their new school shirts Monday through Thursday, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the main office until Aug. 30. Any student who has not pre-ordered a shirt will be assisted by staff on the first day of school.
- Jump Start, an orientation for incoming sixth-graders, will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 29, in the Peekskill Middle School Library at 8:30 a.m.
Peekskill High School
- Orientation for incoming ninth-graders is Tuesday, Aug. 28, at 6:30 p.m. at Peekskill High School.
- New faculty and staff will have an orientation on Tuesday, Aug. 28 at Peekskill High School beginning at 8 a.m.
Woodside Elementary School
- Unlike Hillcrest and Oakside, Woodside Elementary School will be running on new hours starting this year: from 9:20 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Breakfast will start at 8:45 a.m. for both kindergarten and first grade.
- The first day of school for first-graders is Thursday, Sept. 6, while kindergarteners will start with two half-days on Sept. 6 and 7 with dismissal at 12:15 p.m. The first full day is Sept. 9.
- Parents will receive notification from their child's teacher regarding Pre-Kindergarten parent meetings on Sept. 6 through Sept. 11. Staggered entrance will run from Sept. 12 through Sept.14.
- Regular pre-k sessions begin on Sept. 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. for morning sessions, noon to 2:30 p.m. for afternoon sessions and 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for full-day sessions.