PEEKSKILL, N.Y. — Students in the Peekskill City School District have only one more snow day to burn this winter thanks to Hurricane Sandy.
The district has 181 possible school days left, according to Superintendent James Willis. Superintendent conference days can count for four of those, he added.
"We're cutting it close," he said. "Normally if we have days left in the end of the year we give the students days off."
The district would have to add more days to the school year if there were any additional school cancellations this winter because all districts must have 180 days of school under New York State law, Willis said.
- 1 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 2 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 3 Donald Foster, 68, Business Owner, Husband Of Former Peekskill Mayor
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Peekskill Marks July 4 With Parade