PEEKSKILL, N.Y. — Students in the Peekskill City School District have only one more snow day to burn this winter thanks to Hurricane Sandy.
The district has 181 possible school days left, according to Superintendent James Willis. Superintendent conference days can count for four of those, he added.
"We're cutting it close," he said. "Normally if we have days left in the end of the year we give the students days off."
The district would have to add more days to the school year if there were any additional school cancellations this winter because all districts must have 180 days of school under New York State law, Willis said.
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Letter: Peekskill Must Eliminate Longevity Bonuses
- 4 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home