PEEKSKILL, N.Y. — Students in the Peekskill City School District have only one more snow day to burn this winter thanks to Hurricane Sandy.
The district has 181 possible school days left, according to Superintendent James Willis. Superintendent conference days can count for four of those, he added.
"We're cutting it close," he said. "Normally if we have days left in the end of the year we give the students days off."
The district would have to add more days to the school year if there were any additional school cancellations this winter because all districts must have 180 days of school under New York State law, Willis said.
- 1 Peekskill Mayor Drops Attempt To Oust City Manager
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Peekskill
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester