PEEKSKILL, N.Y. — Students in the Peekskill City School District have only one more snow day to burn this winter thanks to Hurricane Sandy.
The district has 181 possible school days left, according to Superintendent James Willis. Superintendent conference days can count for four of those, he added.
"We're cutting it close," he said. "Normally if we have days left in the end of the year we give the students days off."
The district would have to add more days to the school year if there were any additional school cancellations this winter because all districts must have 180 days of school under New York State law, Willis said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Peekskill, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Peekskill Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Peekskill
- 4 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Peekskill; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow